Our Remote Learning Offer
What does our remote learning look like?
Our remote learning is delivered to adult learners via a website that links to a variety of courses. We also provide learning sessions to groups via a system called Zoom. (We can also provide teaching materials and resources in hard copy format for those without access to the internet.)
Our programme offers are designed to support adults who are:
- Looking to get work as general labourers, site operatives, order pickers, FLT drivers and general workers in distribution and warehousing.
- Looking to gain and regain entry level employment in retail, hospitality, and customer service.
- Wishing to specifically up skill and improve their English, Mathematics, and basic ICT.
After expressing an interest via the website, you will be contacted by phone and asked some simple questions to determine your learning needs. You will be asked to complete some diagnostic activities so that we can assess what level of learning you should start at. A remote support tutor will help you through this stage of the process.
Once you have completed the first stage, a tutor will contact you to agree a learning pathway and timetable with you. The timetable will include zoom sessions where you sign in and participate in taught sessions with others on the same course, self-study following guidance and activities set by your tutor and the submission of work completed by you for your tutor to assess and return.
Our learning will be delivered through a variety of packages – for example BKSB lessons for Maths, English and IT and Moodle for vocational subjects. You will be provided with an account so that you can access all the resources you need in this respect. In terms of testing, we will provide timetabled and safe slots during the day, in the evening and at weekends where necessary. We will also continue to monitor Awarding Body progress on remote testing so that when testing from home can take place, we are ready to offer that option.
We will provide:
- Regular contact and interaction from Tutors
- Taught sessions – both 1:1 and group session formats
- Resources designed to help you with your learning and to achieve your qualification(s)
- Regular feedback on your work to help clarify your understanding and to help you move forward.
- Access to assessment/testing
We ask that you:
- Participate in group online sessions following the timetable provided
- Adhere to any targets set by your tutor
- Submit work regularly and act on any feedback given to ensure that you continue to progress
- Raise concerns or issues with your tutor so that they can help resolve them
If you do not have access to suitable IT equipment or connectivity, please discuss options with your tutor. Our city center site in Bradford has a dedicated IT suite that can be used for self study. If you do not have a suitable environment for learning at home, again please do talk to us – you may be able to come into our Centre to undertake your learning in a quiet and safe environment. (Our Centre remains open during the COVID-19 pandemic, supporting vulnerable learners who cannot access learning from home because of lack of access to resources.)
We offer a support and/or a signposting service for learners with Specific Educational needs. Your tutor will discuss with you your specific needs, how we are able to support them or alternative provision that may be better suited to your needs during remote learning.Get In Touch
We offer a range of courses - upskill yourself today!View Courses
“My tutor Duncan has been supporting me in my learning towards gaining my ICT qualifications. He is very helpful and if I do not understand something he takes his time to explain things clearly”
“During lockdown and in zoom sessions I have learnt a lot from my functional skills maths course. My tutor Alli supported me a lot and arranged sessions to suit me”
“I honestly cannot tell you how happy I was and still am that I took such a big leap in enrolling and gaining my first qualification. I am thrilled to bits and highly recommend Potential4Skills to everyone, not just my family and friends”